Hello and welcome to this software development blog.
This is predominately a bucket to ensure anything I learn stays longer in my head than it might otherwise last.
I’m a software consultant – love learning new paradigms, techniques and methodologies.
Sadly my mind can often be somewhat sieve-like as it ages, so the intention of these writings is to back up any edification with notes, more as a selfish pursuit than anything else. Perhaps they will be useful to others too … perhaps not!
To move into the buzzword bingo section, I’m looking to get proficient in a bunch of technologies this year, probably summed up by “cloud native” though some other lower level concerns as well.
Specifically there will be yarns on :-
- Kubernetes, Docker et al
- Infrastructure As Code – for me this will be the HashiCorp stack ( Packer, Vagrant, Terraform ) plus a dash of Ansible
- Scala and Functional Programming
- Akka and more specifically this whole Akka Streams ( AKA Reactive Streams with HTTP, Kafka usage )
- Apache Kafka – and perhaps some messaging protocols ( e.g. Apache Avro )
- Google Cloud
- RESTful API documentations ( e.g. Swagger, RAML )
Code examples can be found on the corresponding github repo.